Saturday 14 September 2013

Study In Style


Hello my lovelies!

It has just occurred to me this weekend that the last time I wrote a post on this blog was June. Pretty shocking, I know!
I guess the main reason for that was just being so busy with college and studying at the time, then of course, trying to enjoy my summer to make up for all the stress, haha. However, this revelation of mine did give me an idea for a new post.

What most frustrated about those few months I spent revising for my exams was the fact I had nowhere nice or practical to do my work! Apart from the mornings and afternoons I could spend at my neighbour's house during the week, I pretty much spent most of my time cooped up in my room, using my bed for work, rest, eat, study and sleep. I didn't even have a desk my room is that tiny!

I think though, with a good study area, not only are you going to feel more comfortable and better able to manage your work/study load, you're going to feel motivated and actually enjoy your working space. It's really important for us to have a clear mind when doing any kind of work - be it on your blog, education, or full-time job, so it's important for us to perform to our optimal best in that work environment.

So today, I present you with my collection of the best roomspiration pics and cutest ideas for study areas found across the web - if you're lucky enough to have the space and budget, you can possibly use some of these ideas for your own study spaces right now. If not, do what I do and keep them for inspiration for your future home - something to plan ahead for!

Candles, a pretty lamp, and a notice-board for all your reminders and photos = a happy working space!

I like the idea of converting an old attic or cabin into a secluded study environment. Bonus points for the ambient lighting and fur rug.

Study spaces always look better with a large Mac computer.. my dream study room definitely includes one!

Okay, a little OTT, but this bookcase is still pretty awesome.

I absolutely love the colour scheme on this one. So pretty and girly - I like the added skull and fluffy chair!

Ok so this might technically be a dressing table as well as study area, but still gorgeous! I especially love the stool and vintage mirror.

Comfy chair, organised pen and paper holders, and reflective glass table. Clutter free space creates a clutter free mind.

I think this study area wins hands down for the best view. If I got the chance to look at the Eiffel Tower from my window everyday I'd always look forward to working!

I really like the idea of having a moodboard full of things you love overlooking your study desk. Even if you're just working on your blog here, I can imagine it helps immensely in getting you to feel more creative and inspired. Love the touch of pretty flowers, too.

I'm not sure if this one particularly counts as a study area, since I think that may be a tv in the background, but still! A crisp, white colour scheme feels simplistic and modern.

Another crisp white/grey colour scheme, with matching decorative pieces like wall art of your favourite places and favourite quotes. I think every desk should have at least one framed quote to motivate you through your work!


Which study space is your favourite? I have to say I love them all!

Thank you all for dropping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend x

Disclaimer: I do not claim rights to any of the images posted - if there's something here of yours you'd like credited, let me know!


8 comments:

  1. In the first picture, i love that pink chair, its so cute and the READ book shelf is just amazing. Love all of them. Nice collection and thank you for sharing. :)
    Followed you via Bloglovin, hope you will follow back.
    Regards
    Patchoulii-Flog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patchoulii,

      I definitely agree with you, the chair is so gorgeous! And that bookshelf, wow.. amazes me every time I look at it haha!

      You're so welcome, and thank you so much for following me! I'll follow you back right away :-)

      Have a lovely day!

      Emily x

      Delete
  2. love your blog, would you like to follow each other? let me know and I will follow u back dear
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thanks very much :-) I'll check out your blog right now!

      Have a great day

      Emily x

      Delete
  3. wow, these working spaces are great! i'm kinda inspired to make a moodboard right now ;) xo j. Stereo|typically Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! I always pin this sort of stuff to my pinterest.

    Kristine | tinikc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babe! I adore your blog soo much!! I love all these interiors you picked! I just started following you on Bloglovin' :-).. I would appreciate it and would love it if you can follow back!

    Love,

    Noor
    http://queenofjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the mood board idea thankyou! will defs be using this idea to freshen up my room and give it a modernized feel!!!

    ReplyDelete